ELDERLY CARE ASSISTANTS
Care assistants needed to provide practical day to day help with the care of an elderly person. Good care assistants should be watchful of clients’ needs as the primary carer.
Care assistants will:
- Get to know the elderly person that they are caring for and understand their needs
- Provide assistance with daily personal care such as washing, dressing, using the toilet and meal times
- Do general tasks around the house like cleaning, washing and preparing light meals
- Offer help with personal interests such as letter writing
* Liaise with healthcare professionals on matters concerning the elderly person's health
* Help organize outings and other recreational activities
- a warm, empathetic, friendly and caring approach
- the ability get on with all sorts of people
- tact, sensitivity and compassion
- the ability to show respect to clients
- patience and a sense of humour
- reliability and flexibility
- honesty and trustworthiness
- knowledge of caring procedures
- the ability to stay calm under pressure
-Must be First Aid/CPR trained or willing to get certified before being employed
-Should have experience in Elderly care
References will be required along with Police record.
MUST BE ON ISLAND
Please apply online at https://www.aaacaregivers.ky/jobs
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!